Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Growing Garden


A few months ago, Trav and I started a garden with our friend Kenny. This is how it started...

 Now, after a couple months, we have enjoyed yummy cucumbers and radishes in our salads. We've had spinach too! Everything else is still growing. The tomatoes have taken off! They all have fruit, and we are waiting for them to ripen. We have jalapenos and cilantro....Salsa anyone? There are carrots, radishes, eggplants, squash (round 1 of squash didn't work so great), green beans, spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli, basil, dill,rosemary and cucumbers.

See those tomatoes!?



Spinach, lettuce, more tomatoes...marigolds to keep away the pests. ;)
Elmo loves hanging out in the garden.









X loves smelling the basil. YUM!

Cherry tomatoes ripening!! :)


Little Man -- That's eggplant and lettuce behind him. He loves to deposit mulch in the empty squares. ;)

Two months of sun, water, and tender loving care...
It makes me so proud that we have actually enabled living things to thrive in our backyard. I'm notorious for killing plants...mainly due to neglect. I'm super proud of myself for keeping these guys alive.








1 comment:

  1. I love it! That is so awesome how green your thumb is!!! I can NOT wait to eat fresh salsa made from all your goodies!!! :) However, the best part is seeing X in the Elmo suit!!! I miss seeing my boys in that cute outfit! :(

    ReplyDelete