Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sandcastles

A friend of mine wrote these beautiful words on her amazing blog...

"These days are sandcastles and the next wave that rolls in, swishes and swirls around them until they leave as quickly as they came..."
So true and bittersweet...
Every day, X grows and learns and conquers something new. It is AMAZING how fast he learns. 
Weren't we just doing this?
 Now, we're doing this...

I swear I just saw his first smile... and then came giggling...and then cackling... :)

It feels like yesterday that I heard Trav say, "I feel a tooth!" Now, X has 6!

I remember the days of tummy time...and our excitement at the first time he rolled over...now, I have to ask him to stop rolling, crawling, standing...so I can change his diaper.

The newness of crawling has now worn off...he's a pro.

Now, he's pulling up on everything in sight...and his legs no longer shake when he's been up too long. He very easily lowers himself and moves on to the next thing. Today, he stood without holding on for 5 seconds...tomorrow it will be 10.

His voice is changing every day...new happy sounds, new frustration sounds. 
Today, it was all about "ooooh" and "wawww.."
New words each day (still babbling...but, it really sounds like he is saying something now). 

Waking up several times a night has passed and we are now sleeping all the way through...WOOHOO! But still - those middle of the 
night Mommy times...are they long gone?

The first very smooth solid food became chunkier and chunkier and then...tonight, X  ate chicken, broccoli, and rice bits from my plate...like a big boy!

He's become a master at the sippy cup, and he drank from a straw the other day.

The milestones come and go so fast...you get so excited when they crawl..then walk...then talk...with each new accomplishment you think,"Why did I rush it? I want to hold onto this for just a bit longer..."

It makes me think of that country song..."You're gonna miss this"
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this


So, I'm cherishing every moment...before the next wave rolls in...












1 comment:

  1. oh-- you're so sweet. :) that is hard won wisdom i'm afraid... from many a sandcastle that now lives only in my heart. this whole growing up thing is perfectly wonderful and dreadful all at once... i loved this blog and the last about your mom!! what a great tribute to a momma! can't wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete