Monday, April 11, 2011

A Great Weekend


This weekend we were supposed to go to the Keys for a fun family weekend, but my nephew had a fever. :( So, we had to cancel. We were so bummed...but, we made the best of it. (My nephew recovered quickly too...the next morning of course. You know if we would have gone anyway, he would have been sick the whole weekend. )

The weekend started with some good old fashioned playing. :) X loves his drum set that we just took down from the attic. Meemaw and Pop Pops got this for him a while ago. We've been waiting until he's old enough. Even though the box says 18 mths, I think X seems ready. :)

He loves to chew on the drumsticks of course.

  He also likes to bang the walls with them... 

 Then we hung on the porch for a while...

 Then,
 NAPS for both boys.....;)

On Sunday afternoon, we hiked in an amazing park just minutes away. I seriously couldn't believe I had never been there before. It was amazing! Big tall cypress trees, shaded trails...it was awesome!

 
We ended our weekend at Nani and Papi's for some pool time and a yummy Sunday dinner! 

 Daddy dunked me under 3 times and I didn't cry. I'm so brave!

Then, when we were done with dinner, I got to crawl around Nani's house. :)

Sliding glass doors are fun. :)

 What a great weekend! :)


1 comment:

  1. mmmm... i miss florida! :) where are you guys living? i am maybe going to be driving the kids down for a month and staying in our old house on singer island (my aunt now owns it and rents it out in the winter)... if i can talk myself into being brave enough to do it by myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete